Facebook
My 16 yr old applied for Sonic Skating Carhop position
04-16-2012, 09:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM by PhilH.)
RE: My 16 yr old applied for Sonic Skating Carhop position
Tell him congrats for us. I know you must be proud of him..

Tell him we are happy for him..

Phil Clap
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM,
I sure will. I can't wait to go there and video him skating. Biggrin
04-17-2012, 08:53 AM,
Tell your young man congrats from me Thumbsupup
Sorry I was so long winded before, I just got carried away...
My Skates:
Riedell 297 Boots
Roll Line Ring Plates
Roll Line Speed Bearings
Bones Super Elite 57mm x 30mm 103a Wheels

04-20-2012, 12:11 AM,
Well, he started today. He worked about five hours and supposedly made good tips. He was super excited about his first day, and told me all the details. He said he was enjoying it so much that he didn't want to leave.

He told me about the hazards such as drain covers, and wet floors, etc. He told me how he was turning to scrub off speed when rolling down a grade. He is big on spin-stops, which is probably good for Sonic because it is more flashy than a t-stop or tomahawk.

I plan to take the family to Sonic tomorrow night. All except for Dustin. He will be working. Razz
04-20-2012, 11:23 AM,
Now don't embarrass him too much when you go... lol W00t1

I know your proud of him.. I would be if he was mine..

Phil
04-20-2012, 10:55 PM,
I stopped an got a Chicago dog, cheddar peppers, and a mocha java thingy. Dustin was everywhere. Saw two other carhops, but hey were walking. Dustin was running rings around them. I am impressed with that young man. He did fall, however. Had a small rip in his newpants as a result. He's alright, though.

There were about fifteen vehicles full of high school kids that pulled inshortly before I did, so the place was packed. They were sitting at the tables in the middle, mostly. I watched their reactions as Dustin skated back an forth past them. They couldn't help but watch him. I could tell that occasionally someone would say something about him and they would turn and watch, but it seemed all positive. They weren't poking fun from what I could tell. That made me feel good. Not only about his image, but how good this bunch of kids were. Not like where I grew up, that's for sure.

He is tall. 6' 4" tall. Add a bright green and yellow shirt and visor, and another 3" of skates and he has a very strong presensce. He is very polite and considerate. Always smiling, and charming. He is a joy to watch as he zips around from car to car; shuffling, backwards, and spin-stopping. I'll get some pictures during the day. My phone camera does lousy at night.
04-21-2012, 08:12 AM,
I'll be waiting for the pics..

Was he using your Sonic wheels? If he was I bet the boss was impressed... Sounds like he is doing great..

Phil
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM,
Yes, he loves the Sonic wheels. I already asked nathan to ship me another set in blue for him, plus some zero nuts.

We went there this afternoon, but I failed to get pictures. There was another skating carhop there who was also tall, a little older, and obviously more experienced. He is the one who brought our order. He kiddingly said that nobody can outrun him when it comes to delivering orders. He WAS fast and efficient.
I think Dustin will see him as a mentor, and a challenge. I was glad to see someone who was really good. He had red Rebel boots on (I think) Probes? Didn't get a real good look. Dustin is on short forward blue Rebel black Invaders.
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM,
hehe! that was my job when i was in hs. i had sooo much fun and it's the only reason i still skate today!

glad he's enjoying it, and may the tips god shine down favorably upon him!