Facebook
My 16 yr old applied for Sonic Skating Carhop position
04-14-2012, 11:58 PM,
My 16 yr old applied for Sonic Skating Carhop position
He drives up, presses the button and when asked for his order he says "I'd like a chile cheese coney, a cherry limeade, and a job application.
He told me that when he said he could skate, the manager couldn't get to his truck fast enough.

Supposedly, he is a sure thing as soon as his online application is done. I helped him fill that out this evening, so he should be employed soon. He can certainly skate. Apparently that counts for allot at that place. He has a good work ethic, so I expect him to do well.

More updates as I get them.... Wish him luck on his first job. Biggrin
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM,
RE: My 16 yr old applied for Sonic Skating Carhop position
I would love a job like that. There were no Sonics near home when I was a kid and now I apparently need a big girl job, which does not include serving hot dogs on roller skates. Boo.

Good luck to your son, it seems like he'll have a lot of fun!
04-15-2012, 10:08 AM,
That's awesome! Best of luck, and I'm sure he'll get it. If I lived anywhere near there, I'd go order a cherry limeade just so I could compliment his mad skillz to his manager.
04-15-2012, 12:07 PM,
Tell him "Way to go" from me... lol Sounds like he may soon be joining the work force.. Congrats..
04-15-2012, 11:04 PM,
I helped him fill out the online application, and he clicked Submit, but got no confirmation. Today he drove back over there and talked to the manager some more. Apparently the site is a bit temperamental. Supposedly he's got the job as soon as he can get the online application part submitted properly.

He took his Rebel Invaders with him and showed that he could skate. I wish I had been there to see that. Razz He has my Sonic wheels, so I guess I will have to order another set of those.
Dustin said one other kid had those wheels.

Anyway, I am so proud of him. He is really excited about earning his own money, and getting his first job. That's why I didn't go, because this has to be all him.

I'll give more info as I get it. Hyper
04-16-2012, 01:13 PM,
That's awesome! I would LOVE that job!!! Wahoo!
-Amanda (Sew-ci-o-path .75")
Forest City Derby Girls

Riedell 595 Kanga's, DA45 Mag Avenger's Wink
Skate Drama? No Thanks...I just wanna read about skates and skate stuff...

04-16-2012, 03:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 07:06 PM by Sonny01.)
I started working at 14 as a caddy, then caddy master, then in the pro shop and finally in the fall of that year as the country club's janitor for the next 2 1/2 years. The janitor job's starting pay was $1 an hour and when I left I was making $1.25 an hour. That was back in '67 when I started so hopefully the pay is better :-)
In Oct I have a class reunion back at the country club and I haven't been back since I stopped working there...it should be interesting...
I hope your boy likes to work as much as I enjoyed it. We didn't have tons of $. My mom didn't have a job so my dad worked and I basically starting paying for my own stuff from then on. That made me feel good...especially since they didn't tell me how to spend it...except I couldn't have a .22 rifle :-( So...I bought a BB gun with a peep sight and shot it so much the spring gave out on it. A couple of years ago I went to a gun show and heard a thumping sound that I thought sounded like BB guns being fired...sure enough they were having a BB contest with a $100 prize. And guess what...it was the same BB gun I had as a kid...I plunked my $5 fee down and won the thing.
Woot_jump
My Skates:
Riedell 297 Boots
Roll Line Ring Plates
Roll Line Speed Bearings
Bones Super Elite 57mm x 30mm 103a Wheels

04-16-2012, 04:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 04:31 PM by PhilH.)
Was that a Daisy Red Rider Sonny?

Only one I can think of that uses a spring.. Shades

Sorry for the threadjack..

Phil
04-16-2012, 07:26 PM,
Nope, not a Red Ryder...it was a better quality BB gun and it had a hooded front sight that had different inserts. I can't remember the manufacturer. It was not a pump Daisy or a Winchester 1894 copy but it was lever operated. I remember "The Rifleman" was popular at the time and I rigged the rifle to fire every time I brought the lever back to close. I used to shoot it out my bedroom window and the Rifleman conversion lasted until I couldn't find something to shoot at and brought the gun back into my bedroom, closed the lever and put a BB thru the ceiling.
Oops
My Skates:
Riedell 297 Boots
Roll Line Ring Plates
Roll Line Speed Bearings
Bones Super Elite 57mm x 30mm 103a Wheels

04-16-2012, 08:30 PM,
Great story, Sonny. Thumbsupup

He got the job. Starts Thursday. Woohoo!! I am so proud. I can see myself going to Sonic allot more just to see him in action. Biggrin