Facebook
Nike+ GPS :)
02-22-2011, 09:22 PM,
RE: Nike+ GPS :)
I don't have any problem at the rinks I skate at with GPS or signal so they always work for me.
I am willing to bet that the building is blocking out the signal like Res said.
“Empty ur mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now u put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, u put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
http://www.youtube.com/user/JamSkateAddiction
02-22-2011, 11:23 PM,
The rinks around here are steel buildings. Maybe your rink has a wooden roof?
02-22-2011, 11:38 PM,
Nope they are steel too.

“Empty ur mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now u put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, u put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM,
Ours looks like concrete on the sides faced with rock. I have no idea what the ceiling is made of.

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
02-23-2011, 12:38 AM,
Kryptonite. Laughing
02-24-2011, 01:08 AM,
HA HA!!
02-24-2011, 08:25 AM,
I skated last night. It uploaded to RunKeeper but did not post on FaceBook. I haven't figured out why not. I tried resending it twice.
It has me curious, though.
02-24-2011, 10:10 AM,
(02-23-2011, 12:38 AM)Reserector Wrote: Kryptonite. Laughing

Lol. That must be it!

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
02-25-2011, 08:24 AM,
So how is runkeeper working out? I am looking at getting a smart phone and this is one of the things I would like to use it for. I want to get back to skating outside if I can find a good place to do it. Waiting for the weather to get nice, also.
02-25-2011, 11:01 PM,
(02-25-2011, 08:24 AM)Fun Ku Wrote: So how is runkeeper working out? I am looking at getting a smart phone and this is one of the things I would like to use it for. I want to get back to skating outside if I can find a good place to do it. Waiting for the weather to get nice, also.

It is working well, actually. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Endomondo has, but it works well for what we are doing here.
JamSkateAddiction had the idea that we could all link up and see each other's workouts and generate some accountability and possibly some challenges.

It automatically posts to my Facebook and supposedly Twitter. I never check my Twitter account though. Razz