Facebook
Nike+ GPS :)
02-17-2011, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 01:39 AM by JamSkateAddiction.)
Nike+ GPS :)
So I just started using an app called Nike+ GPS on my iphone to track my skating. My first skate with it was 4 miles in 25 minutes. Biggrin I LOVE THIS APP! It is just the push I need to get back to skating everyday.

I think it would be cool if other SS members put it on there phones too. I know it is supported on iphone and I think android not sure about other phones. But this app is freaking awesome. For 1.99 it is so worth it. It keeps track of where you run, your slowest area of your run, your average pace, how many calories you burn and all that good stuff. You can also do challenges on there with your friends or others. I thought it would be cool to get a SS challenge going. Say skate so many miles a week or something. Just an idea.
“Empty ur mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now u put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, u put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
http://www.youtube.com/user/JamSkateAddiction
02-17-2011, 11:58 PM,
RE: Nike+ GPS :)
Great idea. I could use the encouragement for sure.
I have been using Endomondo on my Hero (android) So far I have not found the Nike+ GPS for android, but will continue looking.
I guess what we need is something universal so that we can track each other's progress and post challenges. Thumbsupup
02-18-2011, 01:43 AM,
Yea it would be pretty cool. I wish Nike+ was universal for everyone. : /
It is a really good app. I love the online stuff too. It is great.
“Empty ur mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now u put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, u put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
02-18-2011, 08:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM by Reserector.)
I found this article (Clicky) on an android forum. It seems that Runkeeper is universal. I will check it out.
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM by Reserector.)
Update: I checked out Runkeeper. It has all the functionallity of Endomondo and more. It will even let you track stationary equipment like treadmills.
It supports both iPhone and Android!! W00t1

I registered online and set up my profile. When I am at home, I will link to my FB and Twitter accounts and set up a "Street Team".
I then downloaded Runkeeper Pro (free app) from the Android Market, logged on and set my settimgs.

Street team sounds like what you are shooting for, JSA, so check that out and give your thoughts on that. Also, please compare functionallity to the Nike+ app. I will do the same for Endomondo.

If this sounds good to you, we can turn this loose on our FB fan pages. Thumbsupup
You have the option of not showing where you are, which may be a good option if you have stalkers. Wink

I can't wait to try it out. I hope you don't mind trying another new app.
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM,
Yea I will try it out. If it will run in the background I can run both apps at once. I think it would be a cool thing to do with everyone. I will test it out in the morning when I skate.

Yea that is what I like about Nike+ it only shows you where you run. I will check out runkeeper. It sounds like it may just be better than Nike+

02-19-2011, 12:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 12:09 AM by Reserector.)
My son just told me that a friend at school has a pair of Nike shoes that have a sensor that sends information to his iPhone. Apparently that is what the app was created for.

It does not tie into the music player like Endo did. It is just a matter of running the music at the same time. both run fine together. Endo will post info about the songs you were listening to, but that is not all that useful.

I am on Runkeeper as "Reserector"
02-19-2011, 04:55 PM,
(02-19-2011, 12:07 AM)Reserector Wrote: My son just told me that a friend at school has a pair of Nike shoes that have a sensor that sends information to his iPhone. Apparently that is what the app was created for.

It does not tie into the music player like Endo did. It is just a matter of running the music at the same time. both run fine together. Endo will post info about the songs you were listening to, but that is not all that useful.

I am on Runkeeper as "Reserector"

Yea nike+ has shoes with sensors in it. I don't understand the purpose of that though... If the phone does it by itself. Maybe it is for the ipod or maybe it adds extra features or something. I dont know.
Nike plays music when i run, it cheers when people like my status or post a comment, tells me my pace and how far I have gone while skating. It does a whole lot. Pretty sweet. I need to try out this runkeeper app. :/

02-21-2011, 10:24 PM,
I've never been able to get Runkeeper to run inside the rink properly. I would LOVE to know how many miles I've skated on figure circles.

Does the Nike app work inside?

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
02-21-2011, 11:34 PM,
It probably has allot to do with the GPS being blocked by the roof. I never had any luck inside the rink with my HTC Hero. Its a shame, too, because I'm sure we skate several miles at a time.