Facebook
Embarrassing Rink Moments
01-04-2013, 07:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013, 08:54 PM by Reserector.)
RE: Embarrassing Rink Moments
Nope, but I got laugh at and I gave that DJ a big surprise.

(01-04-2013, 12:52 PM)Reserector Wrote:
(01-04-2013, 12:19 PM)Holiday Guy Wrote: The first time I went skating years ago I ran into the D J's booth it was at the end of the floor.

But did you pee yourself? Blush
Nope but I got laugh at and I gave that DJ a big surprise.
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM,
Was not mine, but my brothers... When we started skating again, he went with his then gf (now wife) and her family to skating. He was bragging how we use to race quads and skated for so long. He got out there and couldn't skate. He said 30 mins in, he fell hard. He popped back up as fast as he could, got over to a bench and started to take off the skates. Then some 10 y/o kid come up to him with the most serious face saying "sir, are you okay?" He has yet to go back to that rink.
Riedell 395 Redline, Ultimate III, Bones Swiss, Anabolix Redline
Bont Jet, X-Tech IS, Bones Swiss, Hyper G Series
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM,
Normally i have pretty good balance when hopping around foot to foot, tonight at the rink I was messing around, my knee locked my toe guard planted into the floor and i somersaulted at the rink flat out on my back. oh what a night.
01-05-2013, 08:55 AM,
That sounds more painful than embarrassing! OUCH!!
Riedell 395 Redline, Ultimate III, Bones Swiss, Anabolix Redline
Bont Jet, X-Tech IS, Bones Swiss, Hyper G Series
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM,
It was a little bit of both!
01-08-2013, 04:38 PM,
This wasnt me, it was my sister. This was WAY back when we were kids, and we went rollerskating for a birthday party.
She wanted to get some food, so she skated over to the counter. However she hadn't figured out how to stop, so she just ran into the counter to stop. She ran into the part of the counter where the chips and candy bars were, and knocked over ALL of them, making a loud crash as the stand hit the counter and bounced on the floor. IT was probably 100 bags of chips and maybe 40 chocolate bars. The entire rinnk looked at her, and I felt bad for her, but its really funny looking back now.
01-24-2013, 04:34 PM,
I was playing paddle tag at our local rink. I was around 13 or 14. A guy friend of mine had the paddle. Long story short. . .we ended up smashing into each other. Our combined momentum sent me airborne and him sliding back a few feet. I hit the floor and he looked terrified. I think he thought he killed me. I didn't break anything luckily.
Delta Hurt, #88
South Coast Roller Girls
"Any day I can lace up is a great day." -me
01-28-2013, 12:22 PM,
The rink was quite old in has a few things that need repaired. The carpet being one of them. I did not know that at the time. I was skating skating on the carpet by the lockers, kind of fast. Started to initiate a plow stop and I fell flat on my face with no warning. I have done a gazillion plow stops on every surface imaginable. I was slammed into the floor. Both wrists was tweaked, forehead had carpet burn, nose was smushed but not broken or bleeding, both knee caps banged up pretty good. It was a nasty fall and I had zero warning. The cause was loose carpet that bunched up as I skated across it along with a hump in the sub floor. My falls are usually somewhat graceful. This fall was more like livestock being thrown out of an airplane.
03-28-2013, 10:36 PM,
Slowpoke and I had some good laughs tonight reading this thread!
Sk8momtx, i have 5 kids, too. My fear of falling is now 10 times worse. Razz