Facebook
Embarrassing Rink Moments
02-09-2011, 11:38 PM,
Embarrassing Rink Moments
So what is your most embarrassing/funny skating rink moment? I am sure someone has a funny story to tell. I have heard some funny stories that happen in rink bathrooms and on the floor.

My most embarrassing would have to be when I ripped my pants open practicing apple jacks. Was wearing wind breaker style pants, the Addidas track kind if that make any sense... : / The back of them completely ripped open. Had to skate off the floor holding the pieces together so my hind end wouldn't show then had to walk to the truck to go home. Ugh needless to say I will never wear those style pants skating again. HA HA!

“Empty ur mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now u put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, u put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, u put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” Bruce Lee
http://www.youtube.com/user/JamSkateAddiction
02-10-2011, 12:18 AM,
RE: Embarrassing Rink Moments
You've got me beat. I just fall at stupid times. I went out to set some cones for the races once. The floor was cleared and the lights were up.
I am practically the only one on the floor with 1/3 of the population at or near the wall.
I go to set a cone in place on the dot and for some odd reason, I found myself sitting on the floor listening to chuckles and cheers from the snack bar.

I heard one person say "So he DOES fall down". I just shrugged and grinned before getting back up. Nothing I could do but laugh at myself, really.
02-10-2011, 08:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM by Dolly.)
I was almost done lacing my skates when my friend pointed out that I had them on the wrong feet. Doh
02-10-2011, 01:09 PM,
(02-10-2011, 08:41 AM)Dolly Wrote: I was almost done lacing my skates when my friend pointed out that I had them on the wrong feet. Doh

Wait. Recently?
02-10-2011, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM by Sarah.)
(02-10-2011, 08:41 AM)Dolly Wrote: I was almost done lacing my skates when my friend pointed out that I had them on the wrong feet. Doh

LOL My kids do that ALL THE TIME. You would think that skating 4-5 days a week, they would eventually quit that.

S
My best one was the first meet I competed at for figures. I won third place and had to go out on to the floor to accept my little medal. I FORGOT there was a step down onto the floor and did some kind of crazy leg shuffle, arms flying move when I hit it with my skate and it took me half the length of the floor to get my feet back under me properly. Way to head out as a graceful figure skater, eh? And of course, THE ENTIRE RINK is full of skaters and families watching people go out for their awards.

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
02-11-2011, 08:20 AM,
(02-10-2011, 01:09 PM)Reserector Wrote:

Wait. Recently?

Last week. Pinch And I is all growed up. Razz
02-15-2011, 11:36 AM,
I have not done anything truly embarassing, but when I do, you guys will be the first to know.
Dolly, I'm not sure I would have admitted that. Laughing
02-16-2011, 08:31 AM,
(02-15-2011, 11:36 AM)Fun Ku Wrote: I have not done anything truly embarassing, but when I do, you guys will be the first to know.
Dolly, I'm not sure I would have admitted that. Laughing

Hey, I can laugh at myself. So can you.
02-16-2011, 11:40 PM,
I saw an old bud of mine come in the rink and skated over to say hey. He introduced me to his girlfriend and when I went to shake her hand, my left skate went backwards and I stumbled. She automatically reached out to catch me and we both hit the floor together.
Let's just say that we got WELL acquainted and leave it at that. Sneaky

I don't know which of the three of us was more embarrassed. I felt like the brunt of a practical joke. It was just crazy stupid how it happened.
Nobody got hurt and we kind of laughed it off. Blush
02-17-2011, 07:59 AM,
(02-16-2011, 11:40 PM)Wheel Man Wrote: I saw an old bud of mine come in the rink and skated over to say hey. He introduced me to his girlfriend and when I went to shake her hand, my left skate went backwards and I stumbled. She automatically reached out to catch me and we both hit the floor together.
Let's just say that we got WELL acquainted and leave it at that. Sneaky

I don't know which of the three of us was more embarrassed. I felt like the brunt of a practical joke. It was just crazy stupid how it happened.
Nobody got hurt and we kind of laughed it off. Blush

Jawdrop