Facebook
Hello!
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM,
Hello!
I have ordered skates and wheels from derbysmack before and I never noticed the forum link until today! I guess I wasn't looking very hard.... Its always nice to read opinions and thoughts from others!

With that being said, I am headed back to derbysmack to order some new wheels! YAY for me!
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM,
RE: Hello!
Welcome to the site. What wheels are you getting?
01-29-2013, 04:01 PM,
I am still trying to decide!

Right now I have the backspin revenges in a red/gray combo (90a/95a)... they are perfect for wood floors and I love them, but I am skating on sport court and/or cement now and I feel like I am sliding a bit in the turns.

I was looking at the Fugitive Mids, and possibly doing a combo of either the 87a/93a or 87a/96a just to get a little more grip.

Any advice? I skate derby, on mixed floors. I am 5'1" and weigh about 120.... I primarily jam....
01-29-2013, 08:00 PM,
(01-29-2013, 04:01 PM)MadFlasher Wrote: I am still trying to decide!

Right now I have the backspin revenges in a red/gray combo (90a/95a)... they are perfect for wood floors and I love them, but I am skating on sport court and/or cement now and I feel like I am sliding a bit in the turns.

I was looking at the Fugitive Mids, and possibly doing a combo of either the 87a/93a or 87a/96a just to get a little more grip.

Any advice? I skate derby, on mixed floors. I am 5'1" and weigh about 120.... I primarily jam....

Welcome to the Forum.

At your weight.

"Atom" Poisons, they will work just about anywhere.

The hot tip is use wides inside and narrows outside. No wheel crashing in the pack as a jammer.

okie
Rollin Rollin down that lonesome Highway. lookin for a skate place.Thumbsupup
01-30-2013, 09:57 AM,
Poisons are way too sticky.
I'm 110 pounds and can't stand wheels that sticky and muddy on the slickest of floors.
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM,
I have poisons... They work for me on extremely slick floors... other then that, they make me feel like I am skating in sand.

Thanks for the advice though!