Facebook
Greetings
01-21-2013, 02:51 PM,
Wink  Greetings
Hello everybody,

I sends greetings from layton utah :-( and webster/clear lake Tx :-D (WOO WHOO).
After skating, then bboying, then tricking, I feel its time to jam skate. I come to the forum as a newb to the jam skate scene (just learned to skate backwards a few days ago, but learned to skate forward while i was about 6 or 7) , but an almost adept in the B-boy and tricking community (able to do basic things flares, 1990's 2000's x2 revolutions maybe 3, back-tucks, and things like that). I am very interested to see what this sport has in store for me.

Cheers

Yosh
You are the only one who sets your limitations
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM,
RE: Greetings
Welcome to the site. Are there others in your area who are currently jam skating?
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM,
(01-21-2013, 03:14 PM)Reserector Wrote: Welcome to the site. Are there others in your area who are currently jam skating?

No sir,

As far as i know, I'm the only one (would be extremely nice if I get orders to Tx).
01-21-2013, 05:57 PM,
That's not unusual. But if you keep doing it, word gets around and pretty soon there are others. JamSkateAddiction was pretty much on her own at her home rink, and you see how far SHE got in the sport. Biggrin
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM,
(01-21-2013, 05:57 PM)Reserector Wrote: That's not unusual. But if you keep doing it, word gets around and pretty soon there are others. JamSkateAddiction was pretty much on her own at her home rink, and you see how far SHE got in the sport. Biggrin

I'm glad to see that that's not unusual. I will heed your advise and keep doing it. It's loads of fun so I don't see a reason to stop. Just the other day I was practicing my heal-toe, and toe-toe glide (well whatever it's called when you skate on your heal and toe) and there were a myriad of people asking me how to do it, and things of that nature.

Thanks for the warm welcoming

Cheers

Yosh
01-21-2013, 08:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM by Reserector.)
(01-21-2013, 02:51 PM)yosh Wrote: Hello everybody,

I sends greetings from layton utah :-( and webster/clear lake Tx :-D (WOO WHOO).
After skating, then bboying, then tricking, I feel its time to jam skate. I come to the forum as a newb to the jam skate scene (just learned to skate backwards a few days ago, but learned to skate forward while i was about 6 or 7) , but an almost adept in the B-boy and tricking community (able to do basic things flares, 1990's 2000's x2 revolutions maybe 3, back-tucks, and things like that). I am very interested to see what this sport has in store for me.

Cheers

Yosh

Welcome to you Yosh.

Do you skate Provo Rink?????? I can tell you a pretty good story about skating there. Kinda funny and only germane to that area.

Mountain Bike ride???? Pretty big there in Utah.

And Yosh is that short for "YOSHIMURA" builder of high performance exhaust for motorcycles.?????

Jam skating!!!!!! Its great we have a big group here. Give them the middle of the floor to show there stuff.

I modified my skates to make it easier. No heels,lower ankle cut and no front on the plate. Light weight wheels. LED light to shine on the floor when boot is pointed down.
Okie
[Image: skatebootandatomwheels002.jpg]

You can also use a"quality" outside soccer boot! They work real good for Jam skating. Buy last years versions on close out prices.

Grind of the cleats with a flap disc.
Okie
[Image: VarientsandRollerbones001.jpg]
Rollin Rollin down that lonesome Highway. lookin for a skate place.Thumbsupup
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2013, 11:57 AM by Reserector.)
Yosh is short for Yoshi, it's my nickname wherever I go, so i finally stuck with it.

Jam skating!!!!!! Its great we have a big group here. Give them the middle of the floor to show there stuff.

Thats awesome, I can't wait to take center stage once I up my exp. With that being said I went to try some footwork at my local rink and failed miserably (back to the drawing board)

I modified my skates to make it easier. No heels,lower ankle cut and no front on the plate. Light weight wheels. LED light to shine on the floor when boot is pointed down.

Your skates are sweet. Also I was thinking about getting some puma's and retro-fitting some plates on to those once I get the hang of everything

Again I thank ya'll for the warm welcoming to the site

Cheers
yosh
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM,
Welcome to the site Yoshi!
01-26-2013, 11:38 AM,
Thanks Yolo Glow :-D