Facebook
Axel or Bust!
11-08-2010, 12:26 PM,
RE: Axel or Bust!
(11-08-2010, 10:34 AM)Reserector Wrote: Oh, is that all? Laughing

Well, that and practicing it about a million times. I had to learn it to stop on my figure skates since they didn't have any toe stops and it is easier on those easy to flat spot wheels.

S

Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
11-09-2010, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-09-2010, 08:44 AM by Big Nick.)
In surfing you call it Goofy Foot, my wife is one, she is left foot dominant, it's kind of hard to explain without showing it to you, and so far I'm not doing to well with that. She prefers to Tstop with her left foot dragging, she find's it easier to single foot glide on her left, you hopefully get the picture. But she is right handed, she's just a Goofy footer!.
I'll leave this in, but I posted it before reading the whole thread! it has to do with which foot you jump off.
11-09-2010, 08:53 AM,
(11-09-2010, 08:37 AM)Big Nick Wrote: In surfing you call it Goofy Foot, my wife is one, she is left foot dominant, it's kind of hard to explain without showing it to you, and so far I'm not doing to well with that. She prefers to Tstop with her left foot dragging, she find's it easier to single foot glide on her left, you hopefully get the picture. But she is right handed, she's just a Goofy footer!.
I'll leave this in, but I posted it before reading the whole thread! it has to do with which foot you jump off.

I keep reading that it is most common to spin clockwise, but I am not comfortable that way. I, like your wife, and more comfortable gliding on my left foot, but I drag my right to t-stop. What's more, I surf with my left foot forward, not goofy foot.
Even on a skateboard, I am more comfortable with my left foot forward and turning left, with my back to the inside of the turn. I can switch feet and turn any direction, but I am most comfortable that way.

Not sure what all this means. Some may be nature and some may be nurture?
11-09-2010, 09:32 AM,
Yep! dunno what that all means, It's nearly 1:30am! I skateboarded, surfed (don't get time for those ones anymore) and skate with a dominant right foot, but was always equally comfortable doing frontside or backside turns, so maybe it is more nurture than nature!
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM,
In the northern hemisphere we spin counterclockwise. In the southern hemiphere you spin clockwise. DUH!
11-12-2010, 08:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2010, 08:02 AM by Dolly.)
(11-11-2010, 09:59 PM)buster23 Wrote: In the northern hemisphere we spin counterclockwise. In the southern hemiphere you spin clockwise. DUH!

Thumbsupup