Facebook
Is it normal.....
06-08-2012, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012, 09:12 AM by Rattybabe.)
Is it normal.....
......to be checking that tracking on your new skates every 10 minutes?!!!!

I have been waiting for my Bont/Avengers since the end of March - they were shipped last week, but thanks to holidays on Monday and Tuesday (darn that queen!!), and stupid Parcelforce (the delivery courier that is handling them), they still haven't landed! Frusty

They have finally cleared customs, and should be on their way to the local depot - I will be getting up at 8am in the morning to check, and hopefully to collect them if that arrive there!

I don't think I have ever been so excited to receive something!! I will of course be boring you with pics once I get them!!! Thumbsupup
06-08-2012, 02:34 PM,
RE: Is it normal.....
Perfectly normal.
Riedell 395 Redline, Ultimate III, Bones Swiss, Anabolix Redline
Bont Jet, X-Tech IS, Bones Swiss, Hyper G Series
06-08-2012, 02:44 PM,
It is completely normal! Like....I did it when mine weren't even shipped..checked my e-mail CONSTANTLY to see if they were done yet! hahaha
-Amanda (Sew-ci-o-path .75")
Forest City Derby Girls

Riedell 595 Kanga's, DA45 Mag Avenger's Wink
Skate Drama? No Thanks...I just wanna read about skates and skate stuff...

06-08-2012, 04:44 PM,
Dude. Completely normal.
I get obsessive when I make an awesome purchase online. Checking the tracking 20 times a day.
I do it for wheels so I can imagine doing it for awesome skates like that.
06-08-2012, 07:58 PM,
I met my mailman out by the road when mine came the other week. No shame. I also squealed like, well, a girl.
06-09-2012, 11:06 AM,
I got up at 8am this morning to check the tracking and they had arrived at the local depot, so I went to collect them.

Love them to bits - they still feel slightly narrow, despite being semi-custom, but mainly on my bad foot, so I think it's just down to that. I have heat moulded them, and they feel a bit better, so they will hopefully be fine once the leather has broken in a bit.

My current Rebel Avengers have a size 2 plate on, but Nathan has put a size 1 on these, so they may feel a bit different! I have training tomorrow, and it's my first week since passing minimums, so it will be in at the deep end!!

Big thanks to Nathan for sorting these out, and also for getting my name put on them - I only decided to do that about a month after ordering!!

Anyway - pics! Toe guards are by Derby Vixen, and wheels are dyed Rollerbones Zebra's/Koi's.

[Image: a55eb6ef.jpg]

[Image: a1ecc45c.jpg]
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM,
Those are hot.
Congrats, and I hope you have fun skating on them!
06-09-2012, 03:26 PM,
Thank-you! I'm really looking forward to training in the morning!!
06-09-2012, 09:53 PM,
Those should be in a glass case on your mantle. Way too nice to skate derby in. Smile
06-10-2012, 03:56 PM,
You are so right - I have already scuffed one of the straps!!!

I can't believe how much difference the weight makes - they feel so much lighter than my Rebel Avengers even though there is less than 200g difference per skate. They felt pretty comfortable too which is a relief. The only bit of discomfort is that the ankle area is rubbing a bit - I'm going to have to work on softening them up a bit! I didn't notice the plate size difference.