Facebook
My compliments
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 09:31 PM by Reserector.)
My compliments
I skate like a nut during sessions. My style is fast, flashy, and I don't let up.
I stand out at my rink, and that leads to some really nice compliments. Sometimes from adults, but the kids really make my day when they share their thoughts with me.

During the dice game, the music stopped and I stopped under the number 1 by the DJ booth. A young boy skated up and stopped there as well. He looks right at me as says "You're awesome!" My heart melted as I humbly said "Thank you".

It happens allot, but it never gets old. I feel so blessed to be that guy that makes such a strong skating impression on these children. I can only hope that it inspires them to stick with skating throughout their lives.

I'm not bragging. I just wanted to share this because it keeps coming to mind and making me smile.

It also reminds me that I should take time to compliment those who impress and inspire ME. I kind word can go a long way.
04-30-2012, 07:11 AM,
RE: My compliments
That's so cute. And it's wonderful that you are making such a strong impression on kids, it has to be good for them, as it makes you a very positive role model.
04-30-2012, 09:01 AM,
We all have the power to encourage or discourage by our actions. People look at us and judge us, even if they don't say anything. Most often they don't. I was taught years ago to work and live as if I was on camera. In today's society, that is often true in the literal translation. However, the lesson was to conduct oneself in a positive light at all times because we never know when we may be observed and judged.

Whether or not we have kids of our own, we have an effect on them.
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM,
Way to go Res.. It's nice when the little ones notice.. Smile
05-01-2012, 05:20 PM,
(04-30-2012, 09:01 AM)Reserector Wrote: We all have the power to encourage or discourage by our actions. People look at us and judge us, even if they don't say anything. Most often they don't. I was taught years ago to work and live as if I was on camera. In today's society, that is often true in the literal translation. However, the lesson was to conduct oneself in a positive light at all times because we never know when we may be observed and judged.

Whether or not we have kids of our own, we have an effect on them.

That's a great lesson. I wish everyone saw things in those terms. A lot of people think that if they aren't DIRECTLY affecting others, then they must not be affecting anyone at all, when in reality they are.
I always try to keep in mind the effect I might be having on people around me - particularly kids. For me it's not so much about being judged but about being a positive example even for kids that just walk past me at the grocery store or whatever it may be.
05-01-2012, 06:58 PM,
I don't think I meant to say judged, per-say. More like "record an impression".