Facebook
Dang wheel fell off
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-26-2012, 04:31 PM by Reserector.)
Dang wheel fell off
So I'm skating along; minding my own business when my left skate starts feeling all wierd. The kids skating near me started acting strangely also.
It didn't take long to figure out that my left outer rear wheel had parted ways with my skate. Laughing

I just turned in to the middle of the skate floor and waited for the rugrats that were chasing my wheel to bring it to me along with the nut.
I use Crazy nuts Skullys, and have had them for a long time. To keep them going, I put an occasioal drop of locktite on the threads. I had just gotten lazy last time. Razz

A few drops of Locktite on the loose ones, a few minutes to cure, and I was back in the game. RollerSkater
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM,
RE: Dang wheel fell off
Lol, that sounds like something that would happen to me.

On a side note you shouldn't be losing your nuts! j/k

Glad they could actually find the nut though, sometimes they just disappear
Sure-Grip Rebel Boots - Red
Sure-Grip White DA45 Magnesium Plates
Sure-Grip Fugitive Wheels - Purple 89a/Red 95a Zombies with Moto Prem Swiss, Red 92A with Bones Super Swiss 6, Black 92A/Orange 89A with Moto Prem Swiss
03-27-2012, 07:06 AM,
Oh, there was no losing a white plastic skull. You can see them in my sig pic.
I'm planning to get some zero nuts next time I order from DerbySMACK.com

03-27-2012, 07:49 AM,
(03-27-2012, 07:06 AM)Reserector Wrote: Oh, there was no losing a white plastic skull. You can see them in my sig pic.

Keep in mind with nylon nuts, such as Astro Nuts and Zero Nuts, the nylon will wear out. They have a life span of 10-20 removals before the nylon wears out.
03-27-2012, 09:14 AM,
(03-27-2012, 07:49 AM)nathan_ Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 07:06 AM)Reserector Wrote: Oh, there was no losing a white plastic skull. You can see them in my sig pic.

Keep in mind with nylon nuts, such as Astro Nuts and Zero Nuts, the nylon will wear out. They have a life span of 10-20 removals before the nylon wears out.

If you change your wheels a lot and especially if you aren't super careful when you put them on, they won't last you too long.
I change my wheels super frequently and my astro nuts are just starting to wear out after maybe 4 months, but my boyfriend has had his for just as long and is slowly killing them all off because he's not very careful with them.
03-27-2012, 12:20 PM,
The Crazy nuts have an aluminum insert that lets part of the plastic into the threaded part during molding. That, in effect, becomes the nylon insert. They wear out, but a drop of blue Locktite fixes them right up.
I do have a couple fractured skulls, though. As cool as these are, I'm ready to move on to something new.
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM,
(03-27-2012, 09:14 AM)ShellLillian Wrote:
(03-27-2012, 07:49 AM)nathan_ Wrote:

If you change your wheels a lot and especially if you aren't super careful when you put them on, they won't last you too long.
I change my wheels super frequently and my astro nuts are just starting to wear out after maybe 4 months, but my boyfriend has had his for just as long and is slowly killing them all off because he's not very careful with them.

Thats good to know. Thats longer than I expected.

03-28-2012, 07:34 AM,
(03-27-2012, 07:49 AM)nathan_ Wrote: Keep in mind with nylon nuts, such as Astro Nuts and Zero Nuts, the nylon will wear out. They have a life span of 10-20 removals before the nylon wears out.
So might be worth it to order more then one set...Just incase eh?

-Amanda (Sew-ci-o-path .75")
Forest City Derby Girls

Riedell 595 Kanga's, DA45 Mag Avenger's Wink
Skate Drama? No Thanks...I just wanna read about skates and skate stuff...

03-28-2012, 09:24 AM,
You might not need to order multiple sets at once. They will last you a few months if you are careful, and I'd keep a couple extra metal ones with you at all times just in case.