Facebook
PhilH - Old Skater Relearning
10-06-2011, 05:36 PM,
RE: Old Skater Relearning
(10-06-2011, 03:52 PM)The Professional Wrote: Hey Phil, I'll recommend scrapping those Qube 8-balls. My wife and I skated on them for a while and really don't care for them. I started skating on Bones Reds, which are cheaper than the 8-balls, and I really enjoy them. They're a really smooth bearing with good spin. Plus they only have one true dust cover which makes them easier to clean and have less interference from the cover.

I already tore the shrink wrap off to look at them. I was planning to get some Bones Reds to compare the two. I only paid 30.00 bucks for the Qube 8balls so I figured I couldn't lose to much if I didn't like them..

10-06-2011, 06:31 PM,
Wow, 30 bucks for 8 balls? That's what I paid wholesale for them. You'll like the Reds though, they're such an improvement over the 8 balls it's unreal, and they're less expensive to boot.
Richard Leturgez aka "The Professional"
Member of International Derby Officials' Organization
Terre Haute, IN

Current skates:

Sure-Grip XL-75 boots
Sure-Grip Invader Plates with DA45 trucks
Bones Reds Bearings
Sure-Grip Zoom Blue Wheels
Sure-Grip Web Toe Stop
Blue Fat Laces
10-06-2011, 06:42 PM,
(10-06-2011, 06:31 PM)The Professional Wrote: Wow, 30 bucks for 8 balls? That's what I paid wholesale for them. You'll like the Reds though, they're such an improvement over the 8 balls it's unreal, and they're less expensive to boot.

I got them off of eBay. They were new.

I just got a new set of Sure Grip Fugitives wheels 62mm for 36.00 tonight. 5.00 shipping.

I got to stop buying.. lol

10-07-2011, 07:42 AM,
Which color Fugitives did you get?

Also, if you decide to keep buying, I can recommend derbysmack.com. It's run by _nathan, a member here. He's got GREAT prices, plus southernskater.com members get free ground shipping by typing in the coupon code "southern" I ordered some parts for my wife's skates here a couple weeks ago and got them two days later, very impressive!
Richard Leturgez aka "The Professional"
Member of International Derby Officials' Organization
Terre Haute, IN

Current skates:

Sure-Grip XL-75 boots
Sure-Grip Invader Plates with DA45 trucks
Bones Reds Bearings
Sure-Grip Zoom Blue Wheels
Sure-Grip Web Toe Stop
Blue Fat Laces
10-07-2011, 11:52 AM,
(10-07-2011, 07:42 AM)The Professional Wrote: Which color Fugitives did you get?

Also, if you decide to keep buying, I can recommend derbysmack.com. It's run by _nathan, a member here. He's got GREAT prices, plus southernskater.com members get free ground shipping by typing in the coupon code "southern" I ordered some parts for my wife's skates here a couple weeks ago and got them two days later, very impressive!

They are black. Couldn't resist the price. My wife says I'm done for the moment.. lol

I'll keep derbysmack.com in mind for sure..
10-07-2011, 05:21 PM,
Welcome!! Lots of us have come back to skating with our kids. We started skating as a whim about 2 years ago for something to do in the winter for PE. We have a family of four artistic skaters now. My husband and I do dance and figures and a little freestyle. My son and daughter do figures and lots of freestyle. My 11 year old just started working on his axel now that he has all his singles clean.

Again, welcome and happy skating!

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
10-08-2011, 05:54 PM,
Hi Sarah. Thanks for replying to my post.

I hope I don't jinx myself but I ran into another good deal.

I got a new set of Suregrip Motion Outdoor Skate Wheels with bearings. 62mm 78A for .99 cents with free shipping on eBay. Got them for my son's skates for outside..

Now to see if they will ship at that price.. lol

They claim that they came on a new pair of skates that they immediatly changed the wheels on.. Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price..

Phil
10-08-2011, 06:17 PM,
Re: Old Skater Relearning
Sounds like you got over on an EBay noob. Razz

(sent via tapatalk.)