Facebook
Christopher-T - New Guy here, Hello Folks..
07-09-2011, 11:27 PM,
RE: New Guy here, Hello Folks..
What are your outdoor skates?
07-10-2011, 02:48 PM,
(07-09-2011, 11:27 PM)Reserector Wrote: What are your outdoor skates?

For almost a year i was using riedell boots, with laser plates with ultimate 2 trucks and roller derby/pacer 65mm mach IV wheels. but i switched to using my bonts with plastic nova plates because.. believe it or not i can use like, uhh. up to 96a wheels with plastic hubs and feel as much vibration as the others using 78a wheels.. it must be the carbon soles on the bont that blocks out vibration or maybe it's not, i dunno. but i am doing my 2nd soccer cleat boot now to remount the laser to it because i have 70mm roller derby twister wheels and love 'em.. I didnt want to spend the money at first on a bont boot but selling the extra car/truck parts to buy a pair was the best investment i ever made for skating comfort. I've been using them indoors too until last week when i put the D/A 45's back on the riedells..but there still my overall
go to skates just because i can use them both indoors and outdoors because there so comfy,I'm blessed to have the set i have but someday plan to buy another set.
I know it sounds crazy to use hard wheels outside but i usually use 'em on the worn smooth asphault streets and varous running tracks around one of the 3 local highschool football fields. Soccer cleats are awesome arn't they? I thought i seen you had some that i could have swore said honda on 'em..
07-11-2011, 07:43 AM,
You've got me thinking about Bonts now. See whatyou've done? Whack
I can understand using the hard wheels. I have done it myself. The roll is nice if the conditions permit. I would love to have a set of the Twisters. They seem like a great wheel for outdoor. I am using the outdoor "hybrid" wheels that newjamskates carris. Alluminum hub and soft urethane. Somewhere in the low to mid 80s I believe. 62mm and 35 wide. REALLY good wheel, especially for $60 a set.

I have yet to do a soccer boot, actually. The Fila shoes you saw are driving shoes. They have an amazingly flat sole, but the sole is rather soft like a running shoe. I should have gone with a cleat. I will next time. It is too much trouble to make a soft shoe work.
07-11-2011, 04:32 PM,
The bonts are worth it.. I put hockey tape all over the exposed carbon heel just in case i fall outside, I'm sure the asphault would chew through the resin and probably destroy the counter.

Those wheels you talking about black w/ gold hubs??

if a yeah, they hold up pretty good outside???
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM,
Black with gold hubs, yes. They are holding up rather well. I've put allot of miles on them already. No chunking or cuts. No separation. No noticeable loss of diameter, either.

They are narrow in the hub, like an old school wheel. I could add washers to offset them outward for more stability, but have been running them as-is. I never hit my wheels together. Wink In fact, the tip of the axle sticks out a couple of millimeters past the wheel. No stability problems for me, though. Shrug