Facebook
Welcome, newbies!
05-04-2011, 07:04 AM,
Welcome, newbies!
I would like to Welcome all the new faces that have joined recently. I hope y'all feel at home here. Hiya
05-04-2011, 03:39 PM,
RE: Welcome, newbies!
It's always exciting to see new members. Kick your shoes off. Set a spell. Tell us who you are and what's on your mind. Shades
05-05-2011, 01:09 AM,
I like what I see so far so I'll probably hang around awhile....always looking forward to learning more about this sport I enjoy so much and meeting others who share my love for sk8ing.

My name is Billy and I'm from East Tennessee (near Knoxville), I've been sk8ing since '73 and started back last year after a 17 year hiatus. I enjoy working on sk8s for my friends about as much as sk8ing and just recently tried my first short forward setup after sk8ing sk8boards all my life...took some getting used to but now I'm hooked.

05-05-2011, 10:44 AM,
Welcome abroad, bpike503!
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM,
(05-05-2011, 01:09 AM)bpike503 Wrote: I like what I see so far so I'll probably hang around awhile....always looking forward to learning more about this sport I enjoy so much and meeting others who share my love for sk8ing.

My name is Billy and I'm from East Tennessee (near Knoxville), I've been sk8ing since '73 and started back last year after a 17 year hiatus. I enjoy working on sk8s for my friends about as much as sk8ing and just recently tried my first short forward setup after sk8ing sk8boards all my life...took some getting used to but now I'm hooked.

How long have you been on short forward, now? What plates are your favorites at this point?
05-05-2011, 03:26 PM,
I've been sk8ing my DA short forward Royals for about 9 months now and love 'em, the Lasers have been collecting dust since I got the Royals. It was a big adjustment for me as I've sk8ed SA Lasers since the mid 80s and to be honest I almost gave up on them. But as DocSk8 says...you can't sk8 them like your old plates.

After about a month I got used to them and was amazed at how responsive and agile they are. Not sure I'd go back to anything else....for my style of sk8ing they are amazing.
05-06-2011, 07:32 AM,
(05-05-2011, 01:09 AM)bpike503 Wrote: I like what I see so far so I'll probably hang around awhile....always looking forward to learning more about this sport I enjoy so much and meeting others who share my love for sk8ing.

You joined quite a while ago. It is good to see you back.

I have learned so much in the past several months from reading the site. Being involved has inspired me to skate more often, which has helped my skating the most. When I am skating I think about the people here as if y'all are watching me. It's like y'all are with me. It's hard to explain. But anyway it's good to see you posting again.

05-07-2011, 01:09 AM,
Thanks Dolly, I'm hoping to learn more and make a few friends on the site....skaters are the best people.
05-07-2011, 09:21 PM,
(05-07-2011, 01:09 AM)bpike503 Wrote: Thanks Dolly, I'm hoping to learn more and make a few friends on the site....skaters are the best people.

Amen to that!

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink