Facebook
So....freestyle
05-11-2011, 09:47 PM,
So....freestyle
So, Coach mentioned today that she wants to give me a routine to practice for the first freestyle test. You could have knocked me over with a feather. She said I need some new things to practice and some jumps and spins would be just the thing.

I suspect she may be trying to distract me from moving on to the turn figures. Sneaky gal, my coach is. Both she and J want me to stay in my current events for next year to beat the women who are "skating down" into the beginner events. Personally, I don't give a hoot about them....I want to turn! On the other hand, working on some beginner jumps and spins and freestyle footwork would really help me in my goal to comPete in Creative Free Dance.

::::much to ponder here::::

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM,
RE: So....freestyle
You need to wear protection for that.
05-11-2011, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011, 11:25 PM by Reserector.)
(05-11-2011, 11:15 PM)ynot Wrote: You need to wear protection for that.

These are stylish. Razz
[Image: western-chief-galoshes.png]
05-11-2011, 11:27 PM,
Jumping and spinning sounds almost as much fun as beating competitors who decided to skate down. Evilgrin
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM,
I love those galoshes. I wonder if they come in pink?

Yeah, I have played around with the spins and tried the Mohawk jump and Waltz jump in the Saturday morning class. I always have fun in that class.

S
Sarah L. Hallford
05-12-2011, 12:07 AM,
How are your backward glides coming along? I think that when you get solid with that, the waltz jump will come easy. (easier?)
05-12-2011, 12:14 AM,
I'd say they are decent. I didn't have any trouble landing them. My issue was getting completely around. I was cheating the last bit of rotation which I think would really boil down to more practice. Mind you, this was at quite a slow speed. I was definitely not speeding along when I tried the jump. At speed, all bets would be off on landing it, I think.

S
Sarah L. Hallford