Facebook
Insoles in quad boots
01-05-2012, 11:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2012, 11:25 PM by KevinT707.)
RE: Insoles in quad boots
(04-29-2011, 11:35 PM)Reserector Wrote: I have a pair of work boot insoles in my favorite rink skates that are starting to get pretty worn. I like the comfort, and they actually take up a little excess room in the boot which improved the fit.

I want to replace them and thought I would ask what others are using and what your impressions are of what is available.

I have seen the $50 orthotic insoles sold at those displays where you stand on the pads and it analyzes how your feet carry your weight. Then it recommends the best fit by number. Anyone ever go that route?
Good subject, I've actually been thinking about this for a couple weeks now. Since the Rock boot is loose I was thinking about getting thicker insoles also but didn't want to lose the 'feel' that I've gotten use to on the slightly contoured (around the edge) original insoles. Do you think it'll feel much different (in reference to skating, not feeling on the feet) if I get some non-gel insoles?
01-06-2012, 12:00 AM,
You will loose some of the vibration from the floor. I suppose some of your energy may be absorbed by the insole. All I know is that it is better than having my skates move around on my feet. Now they sort of hug my feet.

The insoles I got are not gel. They are a rubbery foam. I leave the original insoles in, after using them for a trimming template. I even have an additional pair of cheap dollar store insoles under the originals acting as shims. Whatever it takes to make my foot snug in the boot.

It feels different at first, but I quickly adjust and don't think about it. RollerSkater
01-06-2012, 08:31 PM,
Ahh I see, alright then I'll trim the purchased new insoles & then lay them on top of the original ones then. You always seem to have good ideas!
02-09-2012, 03:41 PM,
(01-05-2012, 07:05 PM)shaytana Wrote: i have superfeet brand insoles (the yellow ones are for skates) and they have great arch support. unfortunately i have the need to cushin the balls of my foot now. so i am going to try the gel soles with the arch support. i hope it works!

Cushioning the balls of the feet is my problem area, as well. I had the odd idea of repurposing tennis wristbands as foot cushions. The effectiveness is hit or miss depending the level of swelling I have in my feet on a given day (oh, the joy of edema in the ankles/feet). When I have enough room in the toebox to accommodate them, they work surprisingly well, and keep the ball pain away (longer, if not completely).