Facebook
I keep hurting myself!
04-23-2011, 11:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM by Reserector.)
I keep hurting myself!
My back went out about a month ago. I still don't know what caused it to go out of alignment, but it was brutal. I missed work and was in tons of pain.

Several trips to the chiropractor had me feeling much better. Skating actually seemed to help loosen me up.
I went to the rink and was doing a backwards shoot the duck, but couldn't get up from it. (No back strength yet) I bailed by dropping a few inches land my but on the floor. That little drop brought a good bit of pain back.

Flash forward to this past week. I was in my storage shed sliding a trolling motor across a plastic bin. I was leaned over while doing this. The motor snagged on something and lurched me forward, hurting me again.
I did my stretches, pampered it, and it improved during the week. I saw the doc Friday afternoon and when he was done I felt really good. Smile

Friday evening I go skating. The more I skated, the looser I got. I felt great by around 10:00, which was when I planned to leave.

Leave it to me to do a couple more laps. Story of my life it seems; I fell on my butt. Not hard enough to hurt a healthy person, but enough to have devastating effects on ME.

It has been a long night. Massaging, stretching, and allot of rolling around trying to find a position that would allow me to sleep. Oh, and allot of praying, too.

I woke up this morning and am able to get around. I only hope that I rebound quickly like I did earlier this week. I had a fantastic time at the rink last night, but wish I had followed my gut and left when I planned to. Sad
04-23-2011, 03:08 PM,
RE: I keep hurting myself!
Sorry Sorry to hear that. Wish you well soon. May be to wear some protection? I am thinking of getting some protection gears.
04-23-2011, 05:24 PM,
Mark,

I'm so sorry you are hurt again. Protect that back! Do you think some padded shorts might help for those landings? For me, it is always my knees. I use those knee pads and they are finally healed up.

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
04-23-2011, 05:43 PM,
I didn't land all that hard. I just have to give myself time to heal. I am impatient and it is really starting to cost me.
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM,
how about these?Evil

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-23-2011, 08:19 PM,
(04-23-2011, 05:43 PM)Reserector Wrote: I didn't land all that hard. I just have to give myself time to heal. I am impatient and it is really starting to cost me.

You are preaching to the choir here! That's why I finally gave in on the knee pads. I kept reinjuring them over and over. It was making me nuts.

I hope you are feeling better ASAP!

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
04-23-2011, 09:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM by Reserector.)
ynot, I already have some motorcycle racing gear. I used to bounce off trees when I was younger (AMA enduro competition). I hope to get back to that one day also. Sneaky Not competition, but recreational riding.
04-23-2011, 11:38 PM,
Ha. U recognized it. My friend suggested that. He is cyclist. From my phone. Sorry if any typo. I am in rink now.
04-24-2011, 10:31 PM,
I felt good enough to skate in the driveway today, but I refrained. Skating is actually more comfortable right now than walking. Sitting is the worst.
No, I took it easy as promised. I see the chiropractor Monday afternoon. I hope to make great progress this week.

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's nice to know that people care.
Now, let's get back to talking about skating! Razz
04-25-2011, 04:32 PM,
If you can throttle yourself a bit, you will heal more quickly. Then you will be back 100% and able to do whatever you want. If you keep screwing around, you will have to nurse a bad back for months. Pokey