Facebook
Mardi Gras pre-parade fun
02-27-2011, 08:32 AM,
Mardi Gras pre-parade fun
I will be at the Mardi Gras parade in Slidell, LA today. When they shut the street down, and before the parade starts, it is skate time. Biggrin It is very common for folks, especially kids, to goof around in the street with skateboards, skates, scooters, etc.

We have a full arsenal of caster boards and roller skates loaded in the van. RollerSkater
02-27-2011, 05:36 PM,
RE: Mardi Gras pre-parade fun
(02-27-2011, 08:32 AM)Reserector Wrote: I will be at the Mardi Gras parade in Slidell, LA today. When they shut the street down, and before the parade starts, it is skate time. Biggrin It is very common for folks, especially kids, to goof around in the street with skateboards, skates, scooters, etc.

We have a full arsenal of caster boards and roller skates loaded in the van. RollerSkater

Have fun!

S
Sarah L. Hallford
I am not defined by my skate. Wink
02-27-2011, 07:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2011, 07:42 PM by Reserector.)
It was a beautiful day in Slidell, LA. We took some friends who had never been there before (as we often do) and had a ball.

When they shut down the parade route to traffic, and before the parade started, Dustin and I took to the main road. He was on his castor board, and I was on quads. I heard many compliments shouted about my skating, which of course made me show off even more. Biggrin

[Image: IMAG0311.jpg]

We caught a ton of beads and other "throws".
This is not the big parade in New Orleans. This is just one Krewe. Krewe of Dionysus. We go to this parade every year because access and really good, and it is VERY family friendly.

[Image: IMAG0312.jpg]
[Image: th_VIDEO0028.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0313.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0314.jpg]
02-28-2011, 08:07 AM,
I have been to that one a couple times. I used to have an aunt who lived there. Looks like you had a good time.