Facebook
Special Treatment for SS Members
01-26-2011, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2011, 02:35 PM by Reserector.)
Special Treatment for SS Members
In case you never noticed, or have never clicked on the Skate Market tab at the top of the page, one of our vendors DerbySMACK.com has set up a coupon code that allows us free shipping on orders over $50. That is a significant savings.
This offer is intended for active members of southernskater.com. It is a reward for contributing to the site. Shades
01-27-2011, 10:19 AM,
RE: Special Treatment for SS Members
What would you consider "active"? What sort of contribution?
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM,
(01-27-2011, 10:19 AM)RedDevon Wrote: What would you consider "active"? What sort of contribution?

I'm glad you asked. Allow me to clarify.
Since this forum is visible to the public, it is not necessary to register to read and use the site. The term "active" implies that one has taken a moment to register, and introduce themselves or at least post a reply here and there.

A "contribution" is a reply, or a new thread. Nothing more. We do not ask for any monetary contributions here. We provide a no-cost site with the intention of developing a web community of skaters. We can't do that with a bunch of lurkers.
To encourage participation, we have specials like the free shipping, and the rink discount. The more growth we see, the more we can expect merchants to participate.

Make sense?
BTW, now that you have posted, you are considered an active member. You even have an avitar and stuff. Thumbsupup
02-01-2011, 02:29 PM,
Derbysmack has great prices....especially with free shipping. Now to get my tax refund so I can' get new wheels Smile
02-01-2011, 03:26 PM,
I am eyeing a set of bearings, myself. Naughty
02-02-2011, 04:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM by RedDevon.)
Thanks. I thought that was what you meant. I just wasn't sure about contribution part. I haven't come across a donation button on here.
02-02-2011, 05:09 PM,
(02-02-2011, 04:02 PM)RedDevon Wrote: Thanks. I thought that was what you meant. I just wasn't sure about contribution part. I haven't come across a donation button on here.

And you won't. Hosting and domain fees come out of my pocket until we are big enough to make ends meet from advertising. So just enjoy the site and help it grow. That is all I ask.

If you know of any vendors or rinks who might want to promote their business and help our members at the same time, like Petal Roller Dome does for us, put in a good word for us. I will be happy to talk to them.

Mark
02-07-2011, 04:35 PM,
(02-02-2011, 05:09 PM)Reserector Wrote:
(02-02-2011, 04:02 PM)RedDevon Wrote: Thanks. I thought that was what you meant. I just wasn't sure about contribution part. I haven't come across a donation button on here.

And you won't. Hosting and domain fees come out of my pocket until we are big enough to make ends meet from advertising. So just enjoy the site and help it grow. That is all I ask.

If you know of any vendors or rinks who might want to promote their business and help our members at the same time, like Petal Roller Dome does for us, put in a good word for us. I will be happy to talk to them.

Mark

That is cool. You would probably get some donations if you added a button, though.
12-05-2011, 01:20 AM,
Hrmm, nice. I will keep this in mind!