Facebook
Castor Boards: Are they just a novelty?
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM,
Castor Boards: Are they just a novelty?
My two sons have castor boards such as Rip Stik and the Wave. They use them quite a bit in the driveway, and have alot of fun with them.

I can't help but wonder if they are a novelty, or will they go the distance like skateboards have done. What are your thoughts? Are there any real competition events for these things?
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM,
RE: Castor Boards: Are they just a novelty?
(03-22-2010, 09:42 AM)Uncle Res Wrote: My two sons have castor boards such as Rip Stik and the Wave. They use them quite a bit in the driveway, and have alot of fun with them.

I can't help but wonder if they are a novelty, or will they go the distance like skateboards have done. What are your thoughts? Are there any real competition events for these things?

I think the ripstick is here to stay. i can see it changing as time goes by like anything else but he basic style will probly last. i have gotten pretty good on them but i don't have my own. i still ride my wally world skateboard sometimes. I can do a bunch of stuff on a regular board.
Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse. Stretcher
05-09-2010, 06:22 PM,
I watched a guy on one at the Petal skatepark today. He was pretty good with it.
05-10-2010, 10:21 PM,
Nothing wrong with a ripstick.