Facebook
Back on Skates ... and back on the floor LOL
12-20-2019, 01:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 01:40 PM by Reserector.)
Back on Skates ... and back on the floor LOL
After literally years off skates due to health issues, I am back on skates. A fellow skater told me of a new rink opening in my Home Town of Laurel Mississippi.
It used to be a large ring for many years, but closed about 20 years ago and became a outfitter store. Mush of the original floor is gone, and that area is used for gymnastics and inflatable slides and such.
The remaining floor has been recoated and turned back into a rink. They have all new rental skates and a huge crowd on the weekends.
I went on Thursday night Adult Night and had a ball.
I messed up, though. I decided not to bother with my wrist guards, and on the fourth lap I tangled with myself and went down. Jarred my wrist pretty good. Felt stupid for not wearing gear that I had with me. It my be fractured. (Not my first time) Keeping it immobilized and letting it heal.
I'll get some more pics up soon.
[Image: a5ec194c2678bc3444fbc0b5bb6c915b.jpg]
12-27-2019, 10:42 AM,
RE: Back on Skates ... and back on the floor LOL
No new pics yet because I didn't skate last night. I'm convinced now that the wrist is fractured, so I think it is wise to sit out a couple weeks to let it heal.
The swelling is gone, but the pain is still there. Feels like a broken bone. Nothing out of place, though. Looks normal. Just hurts. Advil dulls the pain, so no reason to see a doctor.

Looking forward to getting back. I need the cardio.
01-03-2020, 05:27 PM,
RE: Back on Skates ... and back on the floor LOL
The wrist is healing well. It has been two weeks since the fall. It still hurts, just not constantly. I can use the hand for more and more every day. I have full range of motion.
I plan to sit out a couple more weeks and wear the wrist braces religiously when I get back on the skates. I'm anxious to get back out there, and my friends keep enticing me, but I can't risk re injuring it.
I'm just happy it wasn't worse.