Facebook
Trick Skating
12-23-2016, 10:43 AM,
Rainbow  Trick Skating
Okay so I want to get into Trick Skating... Like I said in my intro. HOWEVER! I do have some questions on suggestions here. God I do hope this is the right forum section

1. What kind of skates are best?
I have my Riedells. BUT! They are a lower shoe, they have no ankle support (haha I was a jammer, I needed FULL control of my own ankles.
Should I get taller boots for trick skating?
Remember I will be playing OUTSIDE more often than not

2. Speed or safety?
As a Jammer, I have always been one more for the speed style bearings. All lubed up and slick as hell. OR should I look into normal bearings NOT built for speed for starting out as a trick skater?

3. Stops?
What type of stops should I use for outside? Ones that will offer the best of protection if needed in a pinch.

4. Wheels...
Are there better wheels for outside?

Any an all feedback and suggestion is TOTALLY appreciated! <3. As I am BASICALLY starting from square one again here. It took me 1 1/2 to 2 years to actually get good at derby and another 6 months to become the Jammer that I was.

So here I acknowledge that this is not something to get into on a whim. I KNOW I need the practise, and help. Hence why I am here.
12-28-2016, 10:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2016, 10:24 AM by Reserector.)
RE: Trick Skating
(12-23-2016, 10:43 AM)SinBunny Wrote: Okay so I want to get into Trick Skating... Like I said in my intro. HOWEVER! I do have some questions on suggestions here. God I do hope this is the right forum section

I have my Riedells. BUT! They are a lower shoe, they have no ankle support (haha I was a jammer, I needed FULL control of my own ankles.

2. Speed or safety?
As a Jammer, I have always been one more for the speed style bearings. All lubed up and slick as hell. OR should I look into normal bearings NOT built for speed for starting out as a trick skater?

3. Stops?
What type of stops should I use for outside? Ones that will offer the best of protection if needed in a pinch.

4. Wheels...

Any an all feedback and suggestion is TOTALLY appreciated! <3. As I am BASICALLY starting from square one again here. It took me 1 1/2 to 2 years to actually get good at derby and another 6 months to become the Jammer that I was.

So here I acknowledge that this is not something to get into on a whim. I KNOW I need the practise, and help. Hence why I am here.

Hey SinBunny!

Trick skating is so cool!

I love old school quad skates. It's what I grew up on. I'm no expert on trick skates, but Michelle Steilen and the women of Moxi Roller Skates are. They are a Los Angeles-based skate crew. Here is a link to an awesome YouTube video of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJTsWVNERs

I've attached a picture of them below.

Keep us up to date on your progress. I would love to a video of you Trick skating like them some day!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

12-28-2016, 11:13 AM,
RE: Trick Skating
(12-28-2016, 10:29 AM)Rodney Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 10:43 AM)SinBunny Wrote: Okay so I want to get into Trick Skating... Like I said in my intro. HOWEVER! I do have some questions on suggestions here. God I do hope this is the right forum section

2. Speed or safety?

3. Stops?

4. Wheels...

Hey SinBunny!

Trick skating is so cool!

I love old school quad skates. It's what I grew up on. I'm no expert on trick skates, but Michelle Steilen and the women of Moxi Roller Skates are. They are a Los Angeles-based skate crew. Here is a link to an awesome YouTube video of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vJTsWVNERs

I've attached a picture of them below.

Keep us up to date on your progress. I would love to a video of you Trick skating like them some day!

Oh... I am very familiar with Michelle Steilen. I enjoy watching her skate! <3
She is somewhat an inspiration to me. I've even showed my wife some video's of her style.
I wont lie though... she is a bit worried about me back on skates, she knows I was injured pretty badly back in the day.
She just says "Jessilynn! you have to keep yourself safe, you're a frankenstin woman. No heavy tricks!"

So yeah.

I however am looking for a good STARTER skate. That has some speed to it- even willing to get an upgrade on wheels/ bearrings if its best to do so.