Facebook
Buying a rink
12-05-2016, 03:58 PM,
Buying a rink
I am in the process of purchasing a commercial roller rink, 17,000 s.f. facility that has been operating since 1981. I have some questions that I will post, hopefully some of the members can give me some input. Thanks.
12-05-2016, 05:07 PM,
RE: Buying a rink
Welcome to the site! I wish you all the best on your business venture. Smile
12-06-2016, 08:24 AM,
(12-05-2016, 05:07 PM)Reserector Wrote: Welcome to the site! I wish you all the best on your business venture. Smile

Scary! Reading all the stuff on the internet about loss of business, interest and quality of the rinks, it is SCARY! But I have made the decision and will do it. It is in the panhandle of Florida and talking extensively with community people including city commissioners, I will have the full support and assistance of them.

Thanks for the kind word and reply. I need some info and hopefully some other will give me some input, it is valuable. I am in my 50's being a kid of the 60's and 70's, I did skate however not in the past 35 years. I love the family entertainment industry and do have 3 younger kids.

As a vendor told me, rinks don't fail--the operators do. I see many for sale and they are run down, antiquated and even the personality and attitude of the owners are poor at best.
12-06-2016, 12:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016, 12:25 PM by Rodney.)
Great to hear! Is it a wooden floor or concrete? I live in the Montgomery, Alabama area. Where is your skating rink? I would love to come to it next time I'm down in Florida.