Facebook
Jam Skate Addiction
07-18-2010, 09:53 AM,
RE: Jam Skate Addiction
We need to pick a rink and a weekend for everyone to come. I have heard that the biggest rink in the world is in Tyler(?). I don't know where Tyler is but I think it's way east.

I am sure if we find a good rink that's mostly in the middle of everyone we can work together and get really good hotel rates too.

Just a thought...

Bill
07-18-2010, 12:16 PM,
That's a great thought. We could plan a gathering with an open invitation for all Southern Skater members. I would want to hold off at least a month so I can schedule it in, but I think it is a stellar idea.
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM,
That would be freakin awesome. Skateplex is HUGE! I have been wanting to go there. It is about 6 hours from my house and about 2 and a half from our lake house. It is south east of Dallas I think. I think you go down 20 to get there probably about 2 and a half hours also. I used to rodeo in Tyler and Dallas all the time.
07-18-2010, 06:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM by Reserector.)
That place is ginormous! Things really ARE bigger in Texas.
Edit: sorry but the picture is huge, also. Funny that there is a kid laying on the floor. Some things are the same wherever you go.

Here is the link I found http://www.tylerskateplex.com/

http://www.tylerskateplex.com/tour/DSC_0238.JPG

Edit: removed image tags to disable ginormous picture. You can click on the link to see the pic still. -Res-
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM,
It would be cool to meet up there. I will be heading to Austin in August to skate at Playland with some friends and also because Brandon Perea will be there. If anyone wants to come!
09-07-2010, 12:49 PM,
Let's keep this candle burning. It is a good idea. I'm thinking maybe sometime during the winter...
09-07-2010, 10:07 PM,
I'd be interested in going there. It will depend on my work load when the time comes, though.