Facebook
Hello Everyone!
09-07-2013, 06:38 PM,
Hello Everyone!
Newbie to the S.S. hope to bring some cool new builds to talk about with out all the Drama!

WesThumbsupupThumbsupupThumbsupup
09-07-2013, 06:57 PM,
RE: Hello Everyone!
Welcome, Wes. I really enjoy your custom build threads. Gavel
09-07-2013, 08:30 PM,
NO! you can't come on here unless you have a Motorcycle!

And know at least 100 words?

Oh well,so what? And whats so?

Anyway if the ""Auzzies"" follow you? Please let me know early as you can. 6 years of Skatelog brain drain?? I may need to change my diet ?

AND make sure Medicare pays for Therapy or a brain transplant.

So welcome and nice to hear from you I often wondered how you were doing. Probley best prototype machinist in the world.

I am racing Old Timers Motor cross this year again. Built me a XR 200 honda 4 stroke. I had to remove the single shock and shorten the rear end travel to 5" max. Went twin shocks etc.

The Yamaha was just to heavy and the upkeep for a 1975 2 stroke. That old stuff even when it new wears and breaks under hard use and heat.

So glad your here and looking forward to your skate builds.
okie
[Image: HondaXR200002_zps2d9d9686.jpg]
Rollin Rollin down that lonesome Highway. lookin for a skate place.Thumbsupup
09-08-2013, 10:53 AM,
Welcome aboard!
09-08-2013, 11:03 AM,
Hey Okie,

You know I own a Motorcycle or 4 or so! Check out the Avatar, one of my favorites young man.

WesThumbsupupThumbsupupThumbsupup
09-08-2013, 01:34 PM,
Oh Yes, The Maico. Nothing like it. Hand made by tool & die makers in Germany. Those were the days. Of course if they had went to automation and assembly lines they would probley still be in business.

There was a skater on here a while back from Sweden. xoxo-tw, Husquvarna's she knew all about them and put alink about them here. They were the first real motocross motorcycles we raced. No MX Japanese ones made yet.

I finally finished my RV. Its real old 1977 Travco. Made out of fiberglass for Dodge at a Sail Boat company. BIG Molds. 2 halfs joined together at a seam in the middle.

It had a 440cu in V8, smoked and to much blow by to pass the yearly emission test here.

Cheapest price he could get for rebuild was $5000. So he sold cheap to me. You can't get a license renewal here if it fails smog 2 times testing.

So I find a 98 Dodge 1 ton dually with a 5.9 Cummins,auto trans at a Pick UR Own part wrecking yard. Its is a 12 valve and no computer for the injection. All you need is fuel and 12volts and it will run.

Off we go? 2 derby skate buddy girlfriends, a Honda Genrator, Electric impact wrench,sun shade,2 fans and some buckets. Cherry picker.

I did have to buy them some mechanix gloves and baseball caps.

Took us almost 4 hours to remove the engine and trans. Take everthing apart and put in buckets with labels etc. Load in my pickup.

This lot has about 450 cars. One thing about Arizona is you can store stuff outside in the dry heat and work out side. And they will let you drive your vehicle right up to what you are taking parts off of. Trusting?

So,there is no way the little darlings are going to last 4 hours or more without needing to go to the bathroom. HUH?

And there is no way they are going to walk all the way to the office and use the dirty bathrooms there???

Its there own idea? They wander out and squat between some cars. Its there choice,what am I to say?

Were all loaded up and headed to the office to show what we have, pay up..

They are NOT going to stay in the truck and wait. Just about everything thing they do is SEE ME, Tattoo's and Derby Life.

They can't hardly wait to get in the office and strut all around in front of the mechanics and customers. Etc. There wearing hot Pants and Combat boots. Derby tattoo's.

Last word was Ok I have thing checked out ok,you check on the little darlings.?? HA HA. They love it.

He say's Oh No we will check them our later????

On the way home they ask? Whats with that wise guy,check us out later?????

I explain since we are allowed to drive our own vehicles into the wrecking yard and remove the parts,we are under "constant video security cameras" making sure we don't take a bunch of stuff and hide under the seats etc. Steal stuff you know.

They review what parts we took off on the video before we pay.

Or, can I ask, did you girls make it all the way to the office bathroom? It seems like you were not gone very long.

They did not know what to say?
Speechless? Not a lot of struttin going on now?

I had to extend the frame 8" in front on the RV for the intercooler. Other than that,it works great.

The diesels go right through the emissions.
Okie
[Image: fordpickupandgarage008_zpsb0e24e9a.jpg]
Rollin Rollin down that lonesome Highway. lookin for a skate place.Thumbsupup
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM,
Hi Wes! Welcome to Southern Skater! Smile
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM,
yup not much drama here .......yet! seems my post got lost somewhere?!

anyways the other forum should be called sk8teLogAsylum LOL