Facebook
Back in the saddle
03-20-2015, 09:24 AM,
Back in the saddle
Hey all, I'm Dan. My wife worked at the local skating rink in high school and I was a regular there as well. Now I'm 36 and she is 32, we're tired of sitting at home and not interested in bars so skating seemed like a perfect option and it's family friendly. We went skating last night for the first time since I joined the military and left home 18 years ago. We had a blast and have already ordered ourselves some new skates. The rentals just didn't cut it. It was definitely more of a work out than it used to feel like but still tons of fun. All of that said, any tips for someone getting back into skating after a VERY long break or anyone in Hampton Roads Virginia give info on local adult skate nights or Family skates?
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM,
RE: Back in the saddle
First of all, thank you for your military service.
Secondly, welcome back to skating. Thumbsupup

What did you order as far as skates? Have you gotten them yet, or still waiting?
03-21-2015, 07:05 AM,
Thanks, it's been a great career, no thanks needed but always appreciated. As for skates, we didn't get anything special. Money is a major issue for now and we figured we could upgrade if we got into anything more than session skates. I got Labeda VooDoo U7 boots with RTX6000 plates and my wife got Pacer Heart Throbs. Hopefully we didn't waste our money but I think we will be satisfied for what we want to do. We mainly wanted the consistency and comfort of having our own and to be honest, we don't like the idea of wearing a boot 100s of feet have sweated in before us lol.
04-15-2015, 07:44 AM,
How do you like the new skates? Any likes or dislikes?