SouthernSkater Forums
What have you done for your skates lately? - Printable Version

+- SouthernSkater Forums (https://southernskater.com)
+-- Forum: Quad Roller Skating (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Quad Roller Skating General Discussion (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What have you done for your skates lately? (/showthread.php?tid=78)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Billj - 08-16-2010

Am I the only person in america who doesn't own a lathe? I admit that having a machine shop downstairs is better than buying my own but it seems that everyone I talk to lately has either a tabletop mill or lathe.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 08-16-2010

Mine is a super old craftsman that my dad had before I was born. I need to look up the craftsman logo to try to date it. Been meaning to do that.
It is pretty cool in its oldness, and works well.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 09-11-2010

I cleaned my wheels to get ready for tomorrow.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Big Nick - 11-19-2010

[Image: VRDLBlue1.jpg]

I like to do this for my skates as often as possible.

Or some of this.

[Image: microwave.jpg]

I only posted these pics because people like skate pics, at least I do!
royal blue (slim) 90A, sky blues, about 93A, black 96A and all as grippy as all get out.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 04-22-2011

I scrubbed the wheels. I really want to polish the hubs, but I figure I will hold off until I get a bearing press so I can do it right.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - CoastalChick - 04-22-2011

I replaced my round laces with flat ones and cleaned both sets of wheels. They were nasty...the Fugitives had dirty-rink disease and the Route 65s had south-Georgia no-rain too-much-pollen-and-dust disease. All is well now.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 05-25-2011

It is time for me to go through mine from heel to toe. New insoles. Tighten the kinkpin locks, and readjust the action. Adjust the pivot pins. Clean and oil the bearings. Maybe swap back to some Twisters.

Lots to do, but I may do it in stages.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - The Professional - 05-26-2011

I cleaned my wheels and bearings yesterday, and the day before I shined my boots (got a bout to ref this weekend so my gear needs to look its best)

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - The Professional - 06-16-2011

Did something a little more extreme last night. I removed the jump bar from my Invader plates. Been having a little trouble with wheels getting stuck under them when a stray derby girl comes out of the pack and I don't see her in time to move. Removing the jump bars (which I called Sure-Grip to ok since I wasn't sure if it would hurt the structural integrity of the plate any, they said it was fine) solved that issue since there's actually almost enough room to fit a wheel under the center of the plate. Big plus was it actually gave me the ability to fine tune my trucks a little more. I can get a standard size wrench in there to loosen the jam nut since the bar isn't in the way, they adjust my trucks. VERY happy with the result of how this turned out!

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - CoastalChick - 06-16-2011

I've been contemplating doing that too - if you don't mind me being nosy, what did you use for "replacement" spacers, and are there any particular pitfalls to be warned about in advance?