SouthernSkater Forums
What have you done for your skates lately? - Printable Version

+- SouthernSkater Forums (https://southernskater.com)
+-- Forum: Quad Roller Skating (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Quad Roller Skating General Discussion (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What have you done for your skates lately? (/showthread.php?tid=78)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - kdmosier - 07-31-2010

Yes, they are 5/16 24, I just bought a bunch of new nuts for my build the other day. Got the metal gooed to the shoes, so how long did you wait for the stuff to cure? All I got left to do is drill the holes to mount the trucks. I already have everything marked, so I should rolling on 100mm wheels tomorrow.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 07-31-2010

I used a different adhesive, so I don't know. Probably a day.
Are you mounting the skateboard trucks to the metla plates, or are you using a skate plate?

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - kdmosier - 07-31-2010

(07-31-2010, 09:51 PM)Reserector Wrote: I used a different adhesive, so I don't know. Probably a day.
Are you mounting the skateboard trucks to the metla plates, or are you using a skate plate?

I used the Shoe Goo 2, just like you suggested. I glued the metal plate to the shoe, then I'll bolt the skate plate to the metal plate, thru the shoe. I think it will be a lot easier to drill thru the shoe with the metal plate secured, I was kinda worried about drilling a straight hole before.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Billj - 08-10-2010

I got 2 new sets of bearings Friday, Qube Gold Swiss and Bones Super reds.

the Super Reds are noticably better than the ones I had in, haven't tried the Qubes yet.

Also, I had the grooves removed from my Stroker Slims, I am hoping they will hockey slide better(not at all when they are grooved) and I can't help but think they will roll better without the grooves.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 08-10-2010

Oh yeah? Well I jst got TEN sets of Qube Gold Swiss Red Super Swiss Bones from Switzerland. Tongue

All I did was wear a few millimeters off of my scooter wheels. Yes

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Billj - 08-11-2010

That was pretty funny.

Anyhow, I tried the Atoms out without the grooves and they are amazingly ordinary. I hate to say it but I could barely tell the difference.

When he cut them I had him cut them in a way that they wouldn't be shiny, he left a tiny bit of "texture"(for lack of a better word)because I was afraid I would be ice skating if they were too terribly smooth. The change was so minimal that I can now hockey slide, but the slide only goes about 6 inches when I am skating wide open. I suppose I have to cut them all the way smooth before I can tell any difference?

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 08-11-2010

...or get some Fo-Macs.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Billj - 08-11-2010

Fo macs? I skate kinda fast, a hockey slide would carry me into another area code...W00t1 and wouldn't make a lot of noise(I love the noise)

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - buster23 - 08-15-2010

New plugs in mine. My old ones were jenk.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 08-15-2010

I cut the glaze off of a mixed set of wheels to use on smooth concrete. 1/2 set of green Psycho Pigs, and 1/2 set of tan-ish Wicked Eyes.
I skated them this evening on smooth concrete and they were really really really good. Great roll and grip. It was worththe time it took to chuck them in the lathe and true them up/ make them all the same diameter.