SouthernSkater Forums
What have you done for your skates lately? - Printable Version

+- SouthernSkater Forums (https://southernskater.com)
+-- Forum: Quad Roller Skating (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Quad Roller Skating General Discussion (https://southernskater.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: What have you done for your skates lately? (/showthread.php?tid=78)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What have you done for your skates lately? - Specter - 06-22-2010

This is a thread for when you do something for your skates like: "Today I lubed my bearings" or "I cleaned my wheels" or even "OMG! I got new wheels! here is a pic."

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 06-22-2010

So in other words, this is for repairs and upgrades, not complete builds? Great idea!

Drums RockPunkRockon2Guitar3KickingGuitar3

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Billj - 06-22-2010

I just put "skins" on my Old Carreras.

I am not sure if I own the only pair, when I see Carerras they don't lace all the way to the toe... mine do.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - mudtester - 06-22-2010

i put new insoles in mine last week. i used the work boot ones by dr. sholls. i am jellin. Thmbup

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 06-22-2010

I put them in my ROCK skate boots mainly to make them fit more snugly. They are worth the money. The cheap insoles don't hold up very long at all, but they are good for building up underneath a GOOD insole. (To adjust fit)

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 07-24-2010

I adjusted my right rear truck a tad tighter to match the others.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Wheel Man - 07-25-2010

I cleaned my wheels and wiped the dust and oil residue off my bearings.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - RedDevon - 07-30-2010

(06-22-2010, 12:34 PM)Billj Wrote: I just put "skins" on my Old Carreras.

I am not sure if I own the only pair, when I see Carerras they don't lace all the way to the toe... mine do.

Skins? Curious.

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - Reserector - 07-30-2010

I glued the soles of my outdoor skates' shoes to the aluminum platforms that support the otherwise flimsy sole. Gluing prevents the sole from lifting off the platform, while eliminating the need for plates on the inside to sperad the bolt tension. The inside plates weren't working anyway; they were sinking into the foam.

They are totally smurfy, now, though. Biggrin

RE: What have you done for your skates lately? - kdmosier - 07-30-2010

That's a great idea. I've been collecting stuff for a set of big wheel skates. I was wondering how the plate on the inside would work, thought it might be like standing on concrete, now I'm putting it under the shoe. I'm thinking some sort of silicon and drill some holes in the plate to let it ooze thru and kind of rivit itself to the shoe. What do you think?