Team shirts for your derby teams
Does anyone need team shirts made? I am not referring to uniforms. These would be for practice , scrimmages and general use.
I could set that up as a category in the Southern Skater Stuff Store.
You could tell me what name and number to put on the back, and what number to put on the sleeve. You would pick the shirt type and color. Once that is set up for each skater, she could buy replacements or extras whenever needed. Her fans could buy her shirt in their size. I can use any image or text.
How much? We need shirts!
REDhead, Blue Monkey, Derby Chic, Writer. Domestically Challenged Wife & Homeschooling Super-Mom.Superman
Fresh Meat At Starwars Dunlap Darksider's Derby
(10-24-2011, 11:52 PM)Lady Literati #44 Wrote: How much? We need shirts!

I can set up standard weight men's and women's tees with any graphic or image on one side for around 12 bucks each. From there I can create personallized shirts with the player name and number on the back for about 16 bucks.

These are not uniforms like you will eventually get for bouts. These are t-shirts that will be good for practices, scrimages, and promotional events.
The advantage to having me set these up in the store is that team members and fans can order as many or as few as they want, whenever they want. You can't do that if you get a batch printed at a shop. This way there is no investment on your part, and no extra shirts that you can't get rid of.

If your husband and your friend want shirts with your player name and number to show support, they can order that in their size at any time. Once a shirt is set up in the shop, it will be available for order forever more.
Each person orders and pays for their own, or y'all can get together and order a bunch on one person's card to save shipping. They arrive about a week and a half from the time the order is placed.
There is free shipping until the end of this month, BTW.

All I need to set something up is what color or colors you would want, and a logo or something as a jpg or png file (as big as you can send it, for image clarity.) email the image to reserector@southernskater.com or post it here. Also, send any names/numbers that you would like set up as a player shirt.
As soon as I have that info I will set something up for you to look at. No charge for set-up.
Sounds awesome! Let me talk to the board of directors! They have a shop here in mind but it's taking forever to hear back from them- and I agree that it would be much better to have them on a store site where fans/family etc can order too! I'll get back with you as soon as I talk to them and try to get this approved!
REDhead, Blue Monkey, Derby Chic, Writer. Domestically Challenged Wife & Homeschooling Super-Mom.Superman
If you will get me a logo or something, and a color/s, I can set up a sample the way that they will all be set up. You can show them that, if it will help you out. I could do a sample store item with your name and number. The logo can be as complex as a photo because these are digital images, not screen printing. Look at some of the designs that are already in the shop including the southern skater logo shirts. The red fades to blue just like the site logo. They aren't rubbery, either. Durable, too. Mine have been washed many times and are holding up great.
This is our logo:

[Image: 303742_111188962324131_100002990841881_7...8046_n.jpg]

Our team colors are black and the electric blue color and since the logo background is white I'm "guessing" they are wanting white shirts.

My name and number you know- so if you want to use that for a sample that will work.

I'll be sure to tell them that it's digital too because they are working with a screen print shop now I think.

Thanks!
O.K. Let's give this a whirl. Go to the southernskater.com home page and click the T-shirt picture. That takes you to the shop. Once you are there, you will see a drop-down list for Categories. Click the arrow and select Dunlap Darksiders.

I set it up with a choice of colors. I took a stab at the font and font color. Once you are sue of a shirt color or colors (you may need contrasting colors for scrimmages) then I will make those adjustments and show it how you want them bought.

Click around and toy with it. Ask questions. And yes, you can actually order the shirts that are there.
Hey Res, just a hint of advice. Due to the WFTDA rule of needed high contrast colors between the number and the shirt itself you may want to change the color on the back of the darker shirts (dark blue, black, etc) to white. Don't get me wrong, they look awesome, I was just throwing that out there so there'd be no "legality" issues if they were used for scrimmage shirts, or even uniforms for leagues just starting out.
Richard Leturgez aka "The Professional"
Member of International Derby Officials' Organization
Terre Haute, IN

Current skates:

Sure-Grip XL-75 boots
Sure-Grip Invader Plates with DA45 trucks
Bones Reds Bearings
Sure-Grip Zoom Blue Wheels
Sure-Grip Web Toe Stop
Blue Fat Laces
(10-26-2011, 12:07 PM)The Professional Wrote: Hey Res, just a hint of advice. Due to the WFTDA rule of needed high contrast colors between the number and the shirt itself you may want to change the color on the back of the darker shirts (dark blue, black, etc) to white. Don't get me wrong, they look awesome, I was just throwing that out there so there'd be no "legality" issues if they were used for scrimmage shirts, or even uniforms for leagues just starting out.

Oh, that's not a problem at all, Richard. This is just an example that Donna can show to the organizers.
I believe I can set up the text so you can pick the color, just like you do the shirt. It is a different process and costs about $1 more, though. Odds are they will pick one of two colors and I can set them up accordingly.
W00t1 This is AWESOME~ I've taken the link and passed it on to the board of directors. They will be deciding on it tonight and I will let you know. I don't know what they will say about it- but I REALLY want to order one right now. Razz