Big Wheel Skate Build Complete
If anyone has been looking in on the chatter between Res and myself the last couple day's, your aware of the project. I did these on the cheap, collecting the parts from several different places. The only things I bought new were the 100mm wheels, E-bay, and the two doner skateboards for their trucks, Walmart. Everything else I got from doner skates or the closet. Total cost is about 55 bucks. I skated them right after I got the wheels on. As Res said about his, they are really smooth, I even got brave and tried the neighbors grass a little, my yard is rock. They are like having skateboards on your feet. So stable and handeled the cracks in the sidewalk really well. I'm not really too swift on regular skates yet, but these moved me up a couple notches on the depth chart. These are great for outdoors. Guess I could have spent 150.00 bucks and bought some Scorpions, but what fun would that have been. Frakenline graphics and shoelaces (sadly), by my 7 year old Granddaughter Kayla.

Yea, but it's a dry heat... except, July, August and most of September. AKA Ken.
Dude, those are off the hook! They look fantastic! How readily did the trucks fit the plates? It looks like they were made for them. Thumbsup
They remind me of gumy candies.
(08-02-2010, 12:57 AM)Reserector Wrote: Dude, those are off the hook! They look fantastic! How readily did the trucks fit the plates? It looks like they were made for them. Thumbsup

The trucks fit the plates perfectly, I just bolted them on, cheap goes together I guess.
Yea, but it's a dry heat... except, July, August and most of September. AKA Ken.
Nice! When do we see pics of you skating in them? Shades
I need to log a few more hours before I would put that on the record. I almost crashed a couple times tonight after work, turning and clanking the wheels together. They are really wide. I'll get to used to it though.
Do it like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twKd26PAywE Bigwink
Yeah, right. Rolleyes2 Razz
If you wear big knee pads, your feet are less likely to tangle. The problem will transfer to your knees. Razz
Res, that worked great, I had an extra set of kneepads, so I put one set facing inside. If I felt them touch, I knew the wheels were getting close. A couple more rides like that and I should be good. Thanks.
(08-03-2010, 07:55 AM)Dolly Wrote: Yeah, right. Rolleyes2 Razz

Dolly, the "Yeah right" was for Res, and not me right? If so, I agree. That guy has rubber legs.