Poll: Are you a "Tony" or the "poor kid"
I'm a Tony
I'm the "poor kid".
Niether.
[Show Results]

Are you a "Tony"? (NWS)
(Not Work Safe due to the comedian using the F-word alot. If you are under 16, continue on to the next thread.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pRHEUl3oAk
I paid my dues as a poor kid. I am a full-on Tony, now. Biggrin
That was hilarious! I can relate. Laughing
i'm not a great skater, but i can intimadate a novice sometimes. i don't mean to though.
Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse. Stretcher
I am working on my Tony skills, but I am not there yet.
I HATE Tony!! Razz
100 years from now, will it matter?
Wow, I never thought about it but I suppose I have been the "Tony" at the rink since I was ~12. I was always the one who had the cool skates(bought them with money I earned cutting yards after school), always won the races, shuffle contests, was center on the hockey team...

After watching that, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, I have always been a friend to everyone in sight so I want to think I was a "good Tony"Hug2

Bill
that's the thing about tony; everybody likes him. there are always some who are resent those who get attention. i figure if you are good because you practice you deserve attention.
Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse. Stretcher
I think the comedian's point was more a resentment toward the "rich kids" who had their own skates. He atributed their ability to the fact that they had the cool speed skates.
We probably all have those thoughts, but realize how silly it is to think that. That is what makes it so funny.
(06-17-2010, 09:39 AM)Reserector Wrote: I think the comedian's point was more a resentment toward the "rich kids" who had their own skates. He atributed their ability to the fact that they had the cool speed skates.
We probably all have those thoughts, but realize how silly it is to think that. That is what makes it so funny.

True, too many people think that you somehow magically became good when you got (insert skate of the week here).

I have buddies I skate with a lot here and they still act like somehow the skates are part of i... I tell them over and over again "I have 42 years of practice and have fallen more times than you can possibly imagine"

Of course 45 degree trucks with cushions that match your weight and style are an absolute "must" in my mind and it's good to have wheels that work right on the floor you are skating, other than that it's all practice, doing it over and over again and falling over and over again till it makes sense. I don't hit the floor much but I am prone to taking chances(still am) so if you took every skating bruise I ever got you could cover Wyoming with enough left to cover 2-3 little east coast states. Stretcher

Bill